27 June 2022
From 11.59pm on Friday 24 June, the Victorian pandemic orders regarding vaccine requirements in higher education have been changed, as one of a number of adjustments to the ongoing COVID response (click here for more information).
The mandate requiring two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine for workers in the higher education sector has been removed, with responsibility for vaccine requirement shifting to individual employers.
In keeping with Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne policy, staff of Catholic Theological College, Mannix Library, and Thomas Carr Centre working onsite are no longer subject to vaccination requirements.
Please note that where CTC delivers courses in other locations, vaccine requirements in place at those sites will be applied to CTC staff and students attending for class.
CTC students on pastoral placements in care facilities or working with vulnerable people still require three COVID-19 vaccine doses.
With thanks for your ongoing cooperation with these health measures.
The COVID Safe Plan for CTC, Mannix Library and the Thomas Carr Centre is updated with current Victorian Government requirements. The key principles for staff and students are:
- Come to College well
- Be COVID safe when onsite
- Follow the directions on the COVID Safe signs in each room
- You are not required to wear a facemask indoors unless you are a household contact
- Go home if you are feeling unwell
- Report a positive case to the College
- Students must notify the CTC Registrar (see below) if you were indoors at College while COVID positive
- Staff must notify the Master’s Executive Assistant (see below) f you were indoors at College while COVID positive
- Consider updating your vaccine status
- ATAGI recommends a booster shot within six months of your primary course for 16 year olds and over
If students or staff members notify the College that they were indoors onsite while COVID positive, the College will take reasonable steps to notify any others who may have been onsite at the same time.
Students: Contact the Registrar
Staff: Contact the Master’s Executive Assistant
If you are informed you may have been exposed to COVID-19 it is strongly recommended you undertake 5 RATs (one each day) from the date of notification and report any positive results to the College.
Staff who are identified as exposed can return onsite if asymptomatic or, if symptomatic, if a negative RAT/PCR test result has been received. The College must keep record of staff who are exposed and their COVID-19 test results.