Presented in association with Australian ECSI Professional Learning Consortium.
On behalf of Catholic Theological College, University of Divinity, and the Australian ECSI Professional Learning Consortium, it gives me great pleasure to invite you to the Recontextualising Pedagogy 2021 National Conference. The conference grew out of a wish to share research by a team of Victorian Catholic Education System leaders who worked with teachers to learn more about developing teacher practice in recontextualization. The focus of the conference has since been expanded to celebrate the response of Catholic education in Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia to the findings of ongoing ECSI research and the call to promote a recontextualising dialogue approach.
The conference program/timetable is to download as a pdf.
- Monday 29 November: 9am – 6pm (AEDT)
- Tuesday 30 November: 9am – 4pm (AEDT)
- Cost: $250 per person for 2 days
The call for workshops has resulted in 21 offerings around four areas as they pertain to recontextualisation:
- Leadership in the ECSI Space
- Teacher Practice for Recontextualisation
- Teacher Professional Formation for Recontextualisation
- Student Agency in Religious Education
Workshops are facilitated by leaders and practitioners from all areas of Catholic Education who offer their experience, expertise and practical insights into recontextualizing approaches. Keynote speakers from Victoria, New South Wales and Leuven re-think the implications of recontextualization for teachers, students and the broader Church. A panel discussion involving some of those involved in the CTC sponsored research into recontextualization will share their first-hand experiences. For full details of Keynotes, workshops, presenters and to register your choice of workshops see the web page link on the flyer attached.
- Click here to view the recordings from the conference.
- Please note that not all sessions were recorded.
- Recordings are available to conference participants only.
This conference has been approved by MACS for 12 hours of accredited professional learning in religious education. For SA, QLD, NSW: Contact your state Catholic Education system for more information.
A Format Reflecting the Times
- The conference will be delivered in a hybrid format to afford you the opportunity to participate in ways that allow a flexible response to the unpredictable times.
- State hubs have been set up which will provide hospitality, technical support and networking opportunities.
- Whether you are attending in person at your state hub or participating from the comfort of your home or office – should this be necessary – you will experience the same program, at the same great rate of $250.00 for the two days.
- While previous advertising suggested a dinner option, this has since been cancelled and Annemie Dillen will be joining us from KU Leuven to be the twilight Keynote speaker on Day 1.
- Victoria: Venue to be advised
- New South Wales: Catholic Education Diocese of Parramatta, 470 Church St, North Parramatta
- South Australia: Catholic Education Office, Conference Centre, 116 George St, Thebarton
- Cairns: Pullman International, 17 Abbott St, Cairns City
- Townsville: McGuire Room at Townsville Catholic Education Office, 2 Gardenia Ave, Kirwan
- Rockhampton: Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton Office, 143 West Street, Allenstown,
- Brisbane: O’Shea Centre, 19 Lovedale St, Wilston