Catholic Theological College offers courses suitable for Lay Ecclesial Ministers (pastoral workers, pastoral associates and chaplains) who are beginning formal studies, and for those who are continuing their studies in theology and ministry at advanced levels. Courses are eligible for bursaries/sponsorship by the Archbishop’s Office for Evangelisation (AOfE), and can satisfy accreditation requirements of the Archdiocese of Melbourne.
Professional Development Sessions
Each semester, individual sessions are offered for audit in the areas of scripture, ethics, liturgy and sacraments, pastoral care, spirituality, theology and history. These are suitable for ongoing personal and professional learning, and require no assessment tasks. A fee of $55 is charged per session attended, and a Statement of Attendance is provided.
Courses for beginning students (VCE or mature age entry)
Courses for Graduates or after 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Undergraduate and Audit: Dr Rosemary Canavan, Academic Dean
- Postgraduate and Audit: Rev. Dr Phillip Gleeson SDB, Acting Postgraduate Coordinator
- Higher Degrees by Research: Rev. Dr Max Vodola, Acting Research Coordinator
- Professional Development Sessions: Mr Jude Caspersz, Learning Support Coordinator
- Email Secretariat for Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Archbishop’s Office for Evangelisation