The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality (GCS) allows students to understand personal spiritual experience through introductory study of themes and approaches in Christian spirituality. It serves as a foundation for further study in spirituality or spiritual direction. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Spirituality:
- have engaged with personal spiritual experience in light of foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- have knowledge of the dynamics of the spiritual life through reflection on personal experience, integrated with foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- apply the insights of Christian spirituality to understanding life, work and community.
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality consists of 72 points comprised of:
- DS8003C Christian Spirituality A
- DS8004C Christian Spirituality B
- A further 24 points in the disciplines of Spirituality or Spiritual Direction
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
- Full-time: in 1 semester
- Part-time: over 2 years.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process