CTC has a range of services available to help make the most of your student experience. Students are able to receive one-to-one support with course planning, participation in academic writing courses, and support from Peer Liaison Officers.
Our dedicated Learning Support Coordinator is available to assist with pastoral care, supporting those with various needs or a disability.
Throughout your tertiary study, it is essential to look after your physical and metal health. This will allow you to make the most of your learning opportunities, enjoy a positive student experience, and maximise potential for academic success.
Should you find yourself struggling with a personal, physical, emotional or mental health issue, we recommend you seek professional support from a healthcare provider as soon as possible. Make sure to advise one of the following CTC personnel, so we can support you: Learning Support Coordinator, Academic Dean or Postgraduate Coordinator, your lecturer(s).
For further information see the University of Divinity’s Student Support Services Policy.
Health and Wellbeing
Visit the University of Divinity website for more information regarding counselling and healthcare services.
Fire, Police, Ambulance
Visit the Legal Aid Victoria website
Call reception on (03) 9412 3333
CTC offers students assistance with academic skills, such as an online Academic Writing Course each semester. Tutoring is also available form some students (conditions apply).
Academic Writing Course
Academic writing sessions will be offered in semesters 1 and 2. Current Students: Visit CTC Student Resources on ARK.
A range of online resources are available, including:
More details can be obtained from the Learning Support Coordinator.
Students on any visa please visit the Overseas Students page.
Speak with one of our Course Advisors to tailor a plan and/or student support plan that is right for you.
CTC provides the following facilities and utilities to all students:
- Disabled access (some rooms and areas are not access friendly)
- Disabled Toilets
- Internet access and IT support
- Mannix Library (print and eResources)
- Some parking available (cars and bicycles)
- Student Common Room
Student Support Services: Disability
Students with a temporary or permanent disability, condition or disorder are encouraged to make their particular needs known at the time of enrolment, so every effort can be made to accommodate their needs.
- The Learning Support Coordinator can assist you in completing the Student Application for Support Form which is then approved by the Academic Dean or Postgraduate Coordinator.
- Where appropriate, a Student Support Plan can be developed. This can include allowance for extensions, assistance with examinations, etc.
- For further information, contact the Learning Support Coordinator
- See also the University of Divinity Inclusion Policy
Student Support Services: Pastoral Care
CTC seeks to nurture and support all students by providing a safe, inclusive and caring environment. Students are welcome to make any pastoral needs known to an appropriate staff member:
- Students in domestic or personal difficulties may speak with a member of the CTC Executive, and will be referred if appropriate to Catholic agencies that provide pastoral support;
- Students experiencing interruption to their studies due to unforeseen circumstances may apply for Special Assessment Consideration and Reasonable Adjustments or for a Student Support Plan
- Students seeking pastoral counselling or spiritual accompaniment will be referred, if appropriate, to Catholic agencies that provide pastoral support;
- Priests are available for sacramental ministry;
- Students may confidentially approach one of the appointed Peer Liaison Officers to raise any questions, concerns or to seek information.
Student Support Services: Peer Liaison Officers
Peer Liaison Officers are appointed to support students and staff in matters concerning harassment, discrimination or grievances.
Peer Liaison Officers for 2023
- Mr Jude Caspersz: Learning Support Coordinator
- Mrs Lisa Gerber: Mannix Library
- Mr Joshua McDermid: CTC Student
- Ms Bei-En Zou: CTC Student
Click on one of the links below to contact a staff member to assist you
- Learning Support Coordinator
- Academic Dean
- Postgraduate Coordinator
- Peer Liaison Officers