Why Study Theology?
Studying Philosophy and Theology in Melbourne with us means…
- a diverse and enriching learning community
- an excellent theological library and faculty within the Catholic tradition
- an award-winning building in East Melbourne, close to public transport, with some on-site parking available
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our Student Testimonials page, watch our virtual open day video to hear from current students and meet academic staff. Come to one of our open days or view our online information sessions.
Why Study with us?
Graduates are able to use their skills in many different areas, including:
- Church ministry
- Pastoral and spiritual care
- Parish program coordination
- Adult faith formation
- Spiritual direction and pastoral counselling
- Youth work
- Leadership positions in Catholic schools
- Education and Teaching (upon completion of a teaching qualification)
- Leadership positions in Catholic healthcare and welfare
- Bioethics and Healthcare
- Domestic and international aid
- Research and librarianship
The University offers a high-quality and rich learning experience for students as well as being Australia’s most affordable University for degrees in theology, counselling, ministry and philosophy.
Contact your Course Advisor for advice in shaping your award towards your chosen vocation.
Student Categories and Conditions of Study
When applying to study with us, it is important to determine what type of student you are and what your conditions of study are. Visit our Student Categories page to help you to better understand the various types of student categories and conditions of study.
There are a number of ways of studying at CTC, including:
|F2F||Attending in the classroom (at a fixed time each week unless stated otherwise)|
|OLA||Online Asynchronous (on demand at a weekly pace unless stated otherwise)|
|OLS||Online Synchronous (at a fixed time each week unless stated otherwise)|
|Blended||Offered with a combination of modes; e.g.: part Face-to-Face AND part Online Asynchronous = F2F + OLA.|
Class times in the timetable are for the fixed time component only
|Hybrid||Some units are offered both as fully Face-to-Face, as well as fully Online Synchronous at the same time = F2F or OLS at the same time.|
Students choose one mode OR the other
|Other||Intensives, Supervised Reading Units, Clinical Pastoral Education, Practicum, and Research units|