The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry (AdvDipTheolMin) builds on the Diploma in Theology by enabling students to deepen their understanding of the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History and in Ministry. This is extended by further study in those disciplines and in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry:
- have significant foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts.
- have skills to articulate and reflect upon foundational theological, scriptural knowledge and apply this to ministry practice.
- have strong analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments, especially in relation to ministry tasks or worldview perspectives.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions through culturally relevant ministry practices.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as practical support ministries or cultural and philosophical analysis.
The Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry consists of 288 points, comprised of:
- 18 points of Old Testament (Field B)
- 18 points of New Testament (Field B)
- 18 points of Church History (Field C)
- 18 points of Systematic Theology (Field C)
- 36 additional points from Biblical Studies (Field B) and / or Christian Thought and History (Field C)
- 36 points from Theology: Mission and Ministry (Field D)
- a further 144 points
A candidate may undertake the Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry in combination with, or subsequent to, the Bachelor of Theology or the Bachelor of Ministry at the University of Divinity.
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education in an Australian secondary school or the Diploma in Theology, or equivalent.
It may be possible for students to receive credit into their course for prior post-secondary study in theology or ministry.
- Full-time: over 2 years
- Part-time: over 8 years
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $2,047 per 18-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process