The Diploma in Theology (DipTheol) introduces students to the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History. This may be extended by further study in those disciplines or by electives in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Diploma in Theology:
- have sound foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts.
- have skills to articulate foundational theological and scriptural knowledge and reflection.
- have developed clear analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments.
- apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions.
- apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as conversation.
The Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points, comprised of:
- 36 points of study in Biblical Studies (Field B)
- 36 points of study in Christian Thought and History (Field C)
- a further 72 points of study
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or equivalent. Probationary admission may be available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed the Victorian Certificate of Education.
It may be possible for students to receive credit into their course for prior post-secondary study in theology or ministry.
- Full-time: in 1 year
- Part-time: over 4 years.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $2,047 per 18-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process