The Graduate Certificate in Theology (GCTheol) qualifies students in theological study by developing or deepening their knowledge and skills in theological disciplines. It serves as a foundation for further study and a means of critically engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian life and social engagement.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and conceptual frameworks required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to texts and traditions with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights relevant to life, work and community settings.
The Graduate Certificate in Theology consists of 72 points comprised of postgraduate foundational units from at least three fields.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
- Full-time: in 1 semester
- Part-time: over 2 years.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process