The Graduate Diploma in Theology (GDTheol) allows students to explore areas of interest in theology. It provides a substantial foundation for further study and a means of engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to a range of texts with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights into life, work and community.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points comprised of:
- 72 points of foundational units in three disciplines from at least three fields
- a further 72 points
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or a a Graduate Certificate in Theology
- Full-time: in 1 year
- Part-time: over 3 years
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process