The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation (GCTM) is designed for those seeking to learn the methods and skills of teaching meditation and meditative prayer in a variety of situations including primary and secondary schools, parishes, hospitals and other settings. The course includes the history and practice of meditation and lectio divina and provides an opportunity for students to reflect on their own spiritual gifts.
2023 Information Session
The GCTM is accredited by the Meditation Association of Australia. It fulfils the membership requirements for Meditation Australia. Please note that individual applicants for Meditation Australia membership must verify that they have completed a minimum of two years of personal meditation practice.
The GCTM is a recognised course for sponsored study by Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools (MACS). Sponsored Study Support is for 2 years. Questions related to sponsorship should be directed to MACS.
In other dioceses, teachers should check with their local education office.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation consists of 72 points comprised of the following three units.
- DS8600C Meditation: The Evolving Tradition
- DS9611C Teaching Meditation and Prayer
- DS9620C Meditation and Wellbeing
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
Part-time: over 2 years
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Sponsorship: This is one of the courses for which it is possible to apply for sponsorship from MACS
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process