Why Study Theology?
Studying Philosophy and Theology in Melbourne with us means…
- a diverse and enriching learning community
- an excellent theological library and faculty within the Catholic tradition
- an award-winning building in East Melbourne, close to public transport, with some on-site parking available
What Type of Student Am I?
In a globalised world where multiple modes of study exist, understanding which student category you fit into can at times be confusing.
When applying to study with us, it is important to determine whether you will be an overseas student or a domestic student AND whether you will be studying off-shore or on-shore. Depending on your student category, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Australian Government.
Follow the link below to find definitions to help you to better understand the various types of student categories and conditions of study.
Open Day/Information Sessions
Don’t just take our word for it. Watch our virtual open day video to hear from current students and meet academic staff.
Specialist Study Options
Graduates from University of Divinity courses utilise their skills in many different areas, including:
- Church ministry and careers in Church agencies
- Aid agencies
- Bioethics and Healthcare
- Directors of Mission within Catholic Healthcare, Welfare and Educational organisations
- Education and Teaching (upon completion of a teaching qualification)
- Health ministry
- Lay Ecclesial Ministers
- Leadership positions in Catholic schools
- Overseas missions
- Parish Adult Faith Programs coordinators
- Pastoral Associates, pastoral care practitioners, chaplaincy, pastoral work
- Public libraries and Research institutes
- Religious Education coordination
- Spiritual direction and Pastoral counselling
- Youth work
Contact your Course Advisor for advice in shaping your award towards your chosen vocation.
Visit our videos page to view more of our videos.
The University is committed to the inclusion, engagement and support of students of a variety of beliefs, backgrounds and abilities. We foster a culture that is free from discrimination based on disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, colour, race, ethnicity or country of origin.