The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity (CertDiv) offers students an opportunity to explore a range of theological, philosophical and ministry-related studies. Students may explore new or develop existing knowledge and skills for vocational and professional purposes. The Undergraduate Certificate provides a pathway to further undergraduate studies in divinity-related areas and is a foundation for lifelong learning.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is an undergraduate qualification taught in English which normally takes one semester of full-time study or two semesters of part-time study. The qualification requires successful completion of 72 points at undergraduate level from any discipline except Professional Counselling. Students may explore one or more areas such as: History, Philosophy, Biblical Studies, Theology, Mission and Ministry, Leadership, Education and Spirituality.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity:
- have knowledge of some foundational concepts in the study of divinity.
- apply basic skills of interpretation to texts and concepts.
- apply knowledge and skills in contemporary contexts.
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or equivalent. Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed the Victorian Certificate of Education.
It may be possible for students to receive credit into their course for prior post-secondary study in theology or ministry.
- Full-time: in one semester
- Part-time: over 2 years.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of undergraduate units.
Professional Counselling (DZ) are not permitted for inclusion in this award.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $2,047 per 18-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process
How to Enrol
Email the Registrar indicating that you would like to enrol or would like more information. An application pack will be emailed to you in early November.
You will need to complete the application form and provide the following to CTC:
- Proof of Citizenship (e.g. Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Academic/VCE transcripts
- Evidence of any Change of Name (if applicable)
- Sponsor Statement (if third party is contributing to your tuition fees)
- USI Number
- Digital Headshot (for student records/ID card)
How to Re-enrol
A re-enrolment reminder will be emailed to you (by the end of November).