The Graduate Diploma in Pastoral and Spiritual Care (GDPSC) provides students with the opportunity and skills for reflective and critical engagement in the conversation between the texts of human experience, contemporary culture, ministry or service or wider societal context, and Christian scriptures and tradition. The purpose of this engagement is to encourage the development of relevant, flexible strategies for effective pastoral mission and practice in partnership with all those who seek to serve the world through individual or systemic practice.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Pastoral and Spiritual Care:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement and articulate the nature of practical theology as a method of biblical and theological inquiry;
- apply their own experience and practice (personal or professional) to social and behavioural sciences and / or cultural studies and offer an integration of these with the Christian tradition;
- have skills to explore issues of Christian identity, personal vocation and self-understanding through the methods and practices of theological reflection and dialogical engagement with their ministry and mission context;
- apply advanced pastoral helping skills with a developed capacity to engage in the processes of theological reflection
The Graduate Diploma in Pastoral and Spiritual Care consists of 144 points comprised of one of the following programs:
- 72 points of Postgraduate Foundational units comprised of:
- 72 points of postgraduate units in the discipline of Pastoral Theology and Ministry Studies
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree, or an approved equivalent; or
- Has obtained a Graduate Certificate from the University of Divinity.
- Full-time: within 1 year
- Part-time: within 3 years.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process