The Master of Spirituality (MSp) enables students to acquire advanced understanding of the theological and spiritual foundations of spirituality, spiritual practice and spiritual growth, and to apply this knowledge of spiritual principles to individual and community life in the Christian tradition.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Spirituality:
- have advanced knowledge of the theological and spiritual foundations of spirituality, spiritual practice and spiritual growth in the Christian tradition, and of the relation of these to broader theological studies
- have mastery of skills to reflect critically on personal spiritual experience in the light of key themes, traditions and approaches in spirituality
- have communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions and professional decisions about themes, traditions and approaches in spirituality
- apply knowledge of themes, traditions and approaches in spirituality with creativity and initiative to professional practice and further learning
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience or piece of scholarship.
The Master of Spirituality consists of 288 points comprised of:
- 96 points of postgraduate foundational units in three disciplines from at least 2 fields including 48 points in the discipline of Spirituality or Spiritual Direction
- 96 points of Postgraduate Elective units in the discipline of Spirituality or Spiritual Direction
- 24 points of Postgraduate Elective units in any discipline
- Either a capstone unit of at least 24 points in the discipline of Spirituality or in synthesis with it, or the unit RQ9748M Minor Thesis.
- Further units at postgraduate level
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
- Full-time: in 2 years
- Part-time: over 6 years.
The 2024 Timetable will be available late October. Click here to view the 2024 timetable.
2024 Unit Fees
- $3,172 per 24-point unit
- FEE-HELP: This course is eligible for FEE-HELP
- Upfront Payment: If you are paying Upfront, via BPay or Credit Card, payment of fees is arranged at enrolment. An invoice will be emailed during the enrolment or reenrolment process